[mythtv-users] Another Idea for Myth

Shawn Edwards sedwards at theedwards.org
Wed Jan 28 12:42:17 EST 2004

http://www.upcdatabase.com

My boss runs it.  It's currently running over an isdn line (can be pokey at times), but
he has some neat plans for the near future for doing automated product lookups and for
batch downloads.  Stay tuned.

I've been using myth for over a year now (wow, over a year...) and I've been poking
around with doing something like this.  The main problem in my house for this is that my
wife does not like to have tech gadgets scattered about the house, especially in the
'living spaces' like the living room and kitchen.  The fact that she still isn't
screaming about the front end box next to the television is amazing to me.

What I was planning was using a barcode scanner hooked to a palm-top of some kind that
would collect the 'shopping list'.  Using myth for this might even get a computer into
the kitchen.  Only time will tell...