[mythtv-users] Another Idea for Myth

Michael Starks mythtv at michaelstarks.com
Wed Jan 28 12:18:37 EST 2004

Andrew Hogue wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I just thought of something that might be cool for MythTV.  A nice
> interface for Recipes.  I was thinking of putting a MythFrontend box in
> the kitchen with an LCD screen and a few pushbuttons for navigation and
> being able to view recipes would be ideal...
>
> What do you think?

I think that would be cool.  Let's raise the bar...

How about a MythGrocery module...

There would be a bar code scanner in the kitchen near the fridge (maybe
a CueCat).  Whenever you finish a product you scan it.  If Myth doesn't
know about it, you create an entry in the database for it (perhaps some
kind of audible beep could distinguish a known product from an unknown
product.)  If Myth already knows about it, it adds that item to the
grocery list.  The list would be accessible from a Myth menu and from
MythWeb so when you're about to leave work you know what to pick up at
the store on the way home.

Thinking further, I wonder if there are any kind of Internet lookups for
bar codes similar to CDs...