[mythtv-users] Anyone using a 34" widescreen CRT for mythtv?

PB pkb7775 at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 28 10:06:40 EST 2004

I am looking at purchasing a new 34" widescreen tube for my myth setup. The two tvs I am looking at are the Toshiba 34hf83 and the Sony 34xbr910.

Anyone have any experience using either of these tvs with mythtv and mythdvd?

Both have DVI input, so I imagined that I would use that from my video card instead of svideo or a vga converter.

Just hoping that someone out there has actually tried this setup, and can give me advice about the pros and cons. I would hate to get one of these suckers home to find that the PC DVI doesn't play with the HDTV's.

Thanks in advance.

Also, this may be a bit off topic considering my subject line, but does anyone know how to get xine or mplayer to play DTS in mythdvd?