[mythtv-users] The REAL test of Myth

Michael Starks mythtv at michaelstarks.com
Wed Jan 28 08:08:04 EST 2004

Matt Hannan wrote:
> GAF??!?!? That is a new one? What does that mean?
>
> So far everything seems good, tho.

As others have noted it is Girlfriend Acceptance (or Approval) Factor.
The first time I sat her down to show her what we could do with live TV
it froze up after about 10 seconds.  It just happened to freeze on a
frame of a sexy model with really big, ahem... baby feeders.  She looked
over at me and without saying a word I knew the two things that look meant:

1.  The TV never had to be rebooted before.  The TV has never crashed.
2.  I must have somehow planned the freeze at that particular fraction
of a second for my manly entertainment.