[mythtv-users] Computer needed for myth using a PVR350

André andre at rascal.nu
Wed Jan 28 03:36:26 EST 2004

Hey everyone, I am in the process of putting together my first working PVR
and I have settled on using myth for it. But I have a few questions about
what kind of hardware I need besides my Haupaugge PVR350. What is the
minimin CPU rrequirements? Memory? and such...  Considering that the 350
will do all the heavy lifting with compressing and decompressing video
will it suffice with a low end PII och perhaps a Celerin or will it
require a PIII+ CPU?
And one other thing, is the OSD displayed on the TV using the 350s TV Out?

Thanks in advance for helping out a PVR newb.

Regards
André