[mythtv-users] How do I add a channel that does not exist in local listings

Jason potuncle at enjoyingeugene.com
Wed Jan 28 02:56:09 EST 2004

Here is Eugene, Oregon we get MTV2 broadcasted on channel 51 (UHF).
ZapToIt does not list MTV2 on our local broadcast channel list. I have
added the channel to MythTV's channel database, so I can tune to the
channel, but I cannot figure out how to add the channel to my
Home.xmltv file to populate the program guide for this channel.

Is it possible to get the program data for a cable channel (MTV2 is
listed on the cable channel listings for my zip code) on ZapToIt and
assign that program data to a broadcast channel? If so, how?

Thanks,

Jason