[mythtv-users] [OT] dell optiplex vs dimension for backend/frontend

Jason Lindquist jlindqui at babylon5.figure1.net
Wed Jan 28 01:03:02 EST 2004

In our last episode, Roger Obando expounded:
> I'm running my myth box on a Dimension 8100 and it was a breeze to
> install with Fedora.  The PVR350 works great with the ivtv drivers and
> the video out can be worked out in not too much time...now if I could
> only get the OSD to display on my TV-out I'd be set :)

Did you modprobe the ivtv-fb driver?  (I also have "alias char-major-81-16
ivtv-fb" in my modules.conf")  At one point, I thought I'd messed up and
killed the OSD somehow, then I remembered I hadn't put that driver
back in after a reboot.

--
Jason Lindquist  <*>     "And in a country whose revolutionary agenda is
linky at see.figure1.net     defined by free speech, the people's ability to