[mythtv-users] FLAC files??

Brent Hills bhills at openshores.com
Wed Jan 28 00:27:38 EST 2004

Yes, you want to use metaflac and vorbis like tags. id3tags should not
effect the play ability of the files but won't be read by most programs.

Most likely you are modifying your files fine (now) but Mythmusic is not
picking up the change.  Myth currently only rereads the metadata if the
file is not previously in the database.

Currently to force mythmusic to reload the file you have modified the
metadata you have your choice of methods:

Method 1:
-moving the file aside (or base directory if many files are involved)
-scan for new music (will remove the file from the database)
-move the file back
-scan for new music (adds it back)

Method 2:
(I'll skip detailed instructions either you'll know or use method 1)
-modify the database directly to remove the file(s) related entries
-scan for new music

Reloading the database will also play havoc with your playlists unless
its re-added with the same id (unlikely).

I have a patch that rereads the metadata if the modification time on the
file changes from the time it was originally scanned but it requires
database changes and an option to turn off for filesystems that don't
support modification times.  I'll hold on to it until after the upcoming
release.

I hope this helps.

Brent Hills.