[mythtv-users] Please help me identify my tuner

Michael Kipper mkipper at rogers.com
Tue Jan 27 18:19:32 EST 2004

Hi,

I have posted this to video4linux group, but maybe you guys can help me out.
I have two Mercury TV Capture Cards (kobian.com) that I am trying to use
with MythTV.
I have done some investigation, and believe that they are based on the
FlyVideo 2000 series of cards, but am not sure.
Currently, I'm trying 'card=3,3 tuner=39,39' and it doesn't seem to work.
I have looked at the card itself, and hope you can help me identify it, or
how to modify tuner.{c,h} to get it to work.

On the PCB:
-Phillips SAA7130HL
-Phillips HEF4052BT
-MDT MDT2005ES

Under the RF metal casing:
-Phillips TDA6503ATS
  - http://www.semiconductors.philips.com/cgi-bin/pldb/pip/TDA6503.html
  - 5 V mixers/oscillators and synthesizers for cable TV and VCR 2-band
tuners
-Phillips TDA7040
  - http://www.semiconductors.philips.com/pip/TDA7040.html
  - Low voltage PLL stereo decoder
-Mitsubishi M52769FP

I cannot see under the shielded PCB to know if there are any IC's under
there.

Please let me know what I can do!

Michael Kipper
Toronto, Ontario, Canada