[mythtv-users] Re:Direct software mpeg-1 encoding(live)

Torsten Schenkel torsten.schenkel at web.de
Tue Jan 27 17:54:30 EST 2004

Am Di, den 27.01.2004 schrieb Felix Hermann Hoßfeld um 21:42:

> What is the point for myth-users? Eventually it might be possible to patch
> mplayer to "-vo mpeg-1:/dev/video16". This would make the yuv-mode of the
> ivtv-driver superflous.

You can do that already, but that feature is useless for smaller
machines. Not everyone want's a >2000MHz machine under the TV. FYI,
reencoding a 640x480 DivX to 640x480 MPEG2 take >90% on my Athlon2000+
workstation, I don't think my Epia is up to that task. It can decode
them just fine, so the YUV mode is not at all superfluous.

> Just a thought.

Torsten
--
Walkthrough: MythTV on Epia with PVR350 using Debian:
http://www-isl.mach.uni-karlsruhe.de/~hi93/myth/mythtv_debian_epia_pvr350_walkthrough