[mythtv-users] MythLCD

dan dan at milkcarton.com
Tue Jan 27 12:04:26 EST 2004

I can kind of tell you the status . . .  thor wrote 99% of the frame work for
this a long time ago.  I eventually got around to extending the frame work,
improving the menu support, improving the mythmusic stuff, etc.  Since that
time, there have been quiet a few idea's thrown around regarding the LCD
stuff.  One of which is to have it flash an LED when it recieves a signal from
the remote, light up a different LED when its recording, etc.

My current thoughts now are to integrate it with the MFD stuff thor has
written.  But, since the time I started working on the LCD stuff, life has
happened and I haven't had nearly the free time I would have liked to have
had.  To that end, I just finally got my myth box working properly last night
and should have time w/in the next decade to work on improving the LCD
support. :-)

-dan

>Kent Williams (kent2 at optusnet.com.au) wrote:
>
>Does anyone know the current state of MythLCD?

I've got a character display up and the only support seems to be in the
menus where it shows the currently selected menu on the top line and
highlighted menu on the bottom line. When watching TV, etc it only shows
the time.
I don't currently have MythMusic, etc installed on that particular
frontend so I don't know about those moduels.

Cheers,
Kent