[mythtv-users] ~/.mythtv causes abrupt exit

Matthew Welch matthew at welchkin.net
Mon Jan 26 21:00:19 EST 2004

Here's an odd one. I'm using a the ivtv 0.1.9 driver with a PVR-350
running on Myth from CVS (built with atRPMS bleeding packages). Using
these latest versions was the only way I could get stable output from
the 350. Anyway, everything works fine as long as I DON'T have a
~/.mythtv directory in the home dir of the user I have running
mythfrontend. If I create that dir I notice several things:

1) A theme cache is created once and then used every time Myth TV starts
(a good thing)

2) When I hit Esc while watching live TV to get back to the front end,
mythfrontend crashes, and sometimes the backend does as well, or is at
least inaccessible. There are no telling messages in the log files.

As soon as I delete this .mythtv directory, everything goes back to
working fine. The problem is, I need to put my .lircrc file in this
directory to get my remote working. I'm stuck. Any ideas? Is there any
way to tell Myth to use a .lircrc from a different location?

Matt