[mythtv-users] Re: The Three Features MythTV is Missing from Perfection

Rene H. Larsen rhl at izzlazz.dk
Mon Jan 26 18:49:25 EST 2004

"Dan Berger" <dan at theidiots.org> writes:
> 1. Record now - While watching LiveTV, hitting a key will either
>     a. Save the buffer up to the current point
>     b. Start recording from the current point
>     c. Save the buffer from the beginning and continue recording

1.b. is already in MythTV CVS. Pressing "R" while watching Live TV
schedules the current program for recording and switches you over to
follow the stream being recorded (in "near-live" mode).

I haven't found a way to stop a recording in progress (without
deleting it) or change the end time. Is that possible (or planned for
a future version of MythTV)?

> 2. Anti-ESC mechanism that warns you before exiting or changing a
> channel while you in a LiveTV buffer -- losing a buffer because of
> accidental keypress sucks!

This has been suggested a number of times, but I don't see anyone
actually implementing it.  I think the general consensus is that you
can just schedule the program to be recorded and watch it near-live to
obtain roughly the same effect.

> 3. Complete manual schedule (just like a calendar program) with the
> ability to not only select times, but also select days of the week
> and perhaps even more detailed recurrence (IE exceptions)

This might be useful for channels/areas without decent xmltv sources,
but I haven't heard of anyone working on this (could be wrong though).
--
Echelon bait:
bullion underground quarter Semtex InfoSec digicash counter