[mythtv-users] alternate ways of viewing recorded shows

Matthew M Murphy mmmurf at umich.edu
Mon Jan 26 17:58:14 EST 2004

I would like to use mythweb to configure which shows are recorded, and
then access the recorded shows via my laptop (wifi, linux) or my wife's
laptop (windows).

I was thinking of writing a simple php script to list shows that have been
recorded, and provide a hyperlink to the recorded file so that it (or a
converted version of it) transfers via http and plays back in windows
media player, etc.

I'm new to mythtv and haven't installed it yet (or ordered my card) but I
have a few questions about this approach before I do so:

1) any better ideas for how to accomplish this simple functionality?
2) does mythweb/mythtv already do this?
3) any caveats?

I'm thinking of going with this approach b/c I don't watch too much TV and
figure that most of the stuff I do watch I can watch on my laptop, and
when/if I want to watch something on the actual TV I can just plug my
laptop into that (via the built-in s-video output).

-Matt