[mythtv-users] Rethinking Xbox-Myth

Real Name jspencer at crosslink.net
Mon Jan 26 13:08:16 EST 2004

I keep my xbox updated with latest cvs.  I edited myth.tgz and
myth_rootfs images so /root and /usr/local point to a nfs mount.
Edited the /etc/fstab to mount the nfs mount point. Compiled vnc
and set it to to auto run. Edited host table/resolv.conf.

Having /root point to a nfs share allows the themecache to be saved and
you can edit the startup files easy.  Having /usr/local you get
increased space for mythtv and you can update without having to ftp.

To compile latest cvs on  the xbox you need to edit some of the files
compile properly.  Need to add #include <cmath> on a few and make some
explicit declarations.  Also for mythmusic you need to add the tiff
libs and headers.

All in all I find it easy to keep the xbox up to date with lastest cvs.
 The compiling on the xbox takes forever though.  I just need to learn
how to compile a new kernel so I can get a nice bootsplash and I would
like to add a few of the advanced buttons to the usb xbox-ir (if
possible, like pip etc)