[mythtv-users] How full of a decoder?

Chris Wieringa cwieri39 at calvin.edu
Mon Jan 26 09:47:43 EST 2004

Yep, and enable XvMC support and you're using it.  :)  (As long as your TV card
captures in MPEG2 - such as the Hauppauge PVR card)  Works pretty dang well.

Chris

>>> rjnieves at earthlink.net 1/26/2004 7:39:03 AM >>>
Hey,

For those that use a PNY GeForce FX 5200 . . . did you catch the blurb on
the product box regarding the presence of a " . . . full hardware MPEG-2
decoder . . . "? I also saw it on their web site. I know I'll sound like a
total noob but, what are they talking about? Is it simply the motion
compensation that GeForce cards have bundled since near the beginning of
their product line? Or is it trully what I think it is, a bona-fide full
pipeline MPEG-2 stream decoder?