[mythtv-users] Running TV part as plugin in mythfrontend

Bruce Markey bjm at lvcm.com
Sun Jan 25 17:33:42 EST 2004

Robert Rozman wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I saw that I can run plugins as "standalone" apps with for instance
> "mythfrontend music".

or "mythfrontend mythmusic"
or "cd /usr/local/bin ; ln -s mythfrontend mythmusic"
then just "mythmusic"

> I'd like to do that also with TV part. Can this be done already and added in
> future ?

Music, weather, DVD and so on are plugins but the TV part
is the main program itself. running "mythfrontend" is the
menu driven DVR. There is also an executable "mythtv" that
runs just the live (time-shifting) TV. This can get the on
screen guide, change channels and such but can't go to the
menus to choose pre-recorded shows or anything like that.

--  bjm