[mythtv-users] KWorld Card/Gentoo

Sun Jan 25 17:20:24 EST 2004

>>>Software:
>>>Gentoo 1.4
>>>MythTV 0.13
>>>Kernel 2.4.22
>>>
>>>Hardware:
>>>KWorld BT878 Based TV Tuner card (KW-TV878RF-PRO)
>>>Radeon 32MB (not sure which one but lspci give me this: "VGA compatible
>>>controller: ATI Technologies Inc Radeon R100 QD [Radeon 7200]")

>> Here is the modules.conf setup for the card.   I have this card and it
>> works great under linux.   You have
>> to setup the tuner properly.   At first the sound will not work unless
>> you override the gpiomask values.
>>
>> options bttv    pll=1 radio=1 card=22 gpiomask=0x000000FF
>> audiomux=0x1,0x0,0x4,0x2,0x8
>> options tuner   type=2
>
> Thank you. But I don't know what to do with the information you have
> provided. I eagerly await a response.

Ok, I finally figured out where to put these options. I am writing it here
in case I need it again.

Inside /etc/modules.autoload.d I added the name of the modules each on a
line at the end of the file.

Inside of /etc/modules.d I created a file with the name of each of the
modules. Inside those files I placed the options lines from above.

Then I ran modules-update to make the computer see the modules and load
them with these options. After a re-boot, they are loaded just fine.

David