[mythtv-users] Music ID3 Tag and Stutter

Noah Silverman noah at allresearch.com
Sun Jan 25 16:25:53 EST 2004

Help,

I have 2  weird problems

I have mythtv and mythmusic installed and working.

Problem one deals with importing music.

I have a ton of songs all in a few large directories.  They are flac
files with id3 tags.
The tags are correct, and id3tool and read them perfectly.

The problem is that when myth imports the songs, it ignores the tags,
so every song is unknown artist and unknown album.  For some reason,
myth is just glossing over the tags.  Does anybody have any suggestions
about how to correct this?

Problem two deals with playback.
Whenever I play a song, it "skips" or stutters every 5 or 10 seconds.
I'm running a Celeron 1.2 with an envy24 audio card.  This setup should
be more than adequate for playing music.  In fact, I can play any file
from kde or the command line with no problem at all.  Only myth skips.
Any ideas??

Thanks,

-N