[mythtv-users] Seeking advice about components

Simon at the Threshold dweller at the-threshold.org
Sun Jan 25 11:05:15 EST 2004

azrael at azrael-uk.f2s.com wrote:
> Simon at the Threshold wrote:
>> appears to be a threading issue on open which can cause the kernel to
>> crash/hang/oops.  Since I don't know what version Mandrake 9.2 is I
>> can't say if that would be a problem.
>

> thanks a lot for this info, my Mandrake 9.2 has 2.4.22-10mdk, so I think
> that should be ok?

If your going down the PVR-250 route then I can say I've had no problems
  running them under 2.4.20 (ivtv drivers). What I was talking about is
DVB support (I have two Nova-T's) which hang my system on a regular
basis.  Looks like I'm stuck until I can somehow update my kernel
distribution.

Have fun with your new toy..

Simon
--
The idle mind knows not what it is it wants.
		-- Quintus Ennius