[mythtv-users] PVR350: tv-in, but no audio-in?

Hanno 'Rince' Wagner wagner at rince.de
Sun Jan 25 09:36:33 EST 2004

Hi,

I use mythtv-cvs and ivtv-0.1.9; this is fascinating and very cool,
so thanks for these programs ;-)
I have the problem that apparently I can get Pictures with the
PVR-350 (in very good quality) but no audio.

modprobe tveeprom tell me the following:

tvee: Hauppauge: model=48134, rev=J347, serial#=6820756
tvee: tuner=LG TP18PSB01D (idx=47, type=28)
tvee: tuner fmt=PAL(B/G) (eeprom=0x04, v4l2=0x00000007)
tvee: audio_processor=CS5331 (type=9)

/var/log/messages shows the following:

Console: switching to colour frame buffer device 90x36
fb0: iTVC15 TV out frame buffer device
saa7115[0]: decoder set norm PAL
saa7115[0] set audio: 0x02

my ivtv-module-options are at following:
options ivtv ivtv_debug=1 ivtv_pal=1
options tuner type=28
options msp3400 once=1 simple=1
options saa7127 enable_output=1 output_select=0 pal=1
add below ivtv msp3400 saa7115 saa7127 tuner

Apparently, everything is fine. But when I try to record shows, I
get only a picture, but no sound.

I also copied one of the records to another machine to check with
mplayer wether only audio-out is down, but apparently there was no
audio record on that stream, so audio went dead.

How can I check why there is no audio? I remember that on windows
there was once a mixer where I can see peaks of Audio-Volume, is
there something similar to use for MythTV (or with qt3-support? ;-)
alsamixer is set to 70 most of the time; everything with audio on
MythTV is set to /dev/dsp and PCM (for the mixer).

Ciao, Hanno
--
|  Hanno Wagner  | Member of the HTML Writers Guild  | Rince at IRC      |
| Eine gewerbliche Nutzung meiner Email-Adressen ist nicht gestattet! |

#Tagline:
#"de.admin.news.announce          Das Imperium tritt zurueck."
#	-- Bodo Moeller, de.alt.arnooo