[mythtv-users] Hauppauge PVR-250 invisible on BP6

David Engel dlengel at attbi.com
Sat Jan 24 17:18:30 EST 2004

On Sat, Jan 24, 2004 at 03:10:50PM -0500, papenfuss at juneau.me.vt.edu wrote:

> 	I've gutted the machine of PCI/AGP cards, and tried numerous slot
> rearrangementes between different vid cards and PVR-250, different
> kernels from the stock redhat9 non-smp and smp, and my 2.4.23 smp,
> etc.  I've been tweaking through bios settings as well.  So far,
> it's never seen it.
>
> Thoughts?  Suggestions?

Your C300A mother board has got to be pretty old so my guess is that
it doesn't support the PCI spec required by the PVR card.  Most cards
these days require PCI 2.1 or later but some require 2.2.  If your MB
doesn't support the required spec, the card won't be visible, which is
just what you're (not) seeing.

David
--
David Engel