[mythtv-users] XFree86 on PVR-350 TV-out

Jason Lindquist jlindqui at babylon5.figure1.net
Sat Jan 24 16:44:52 EST 2004

I too am having Too Much Fun trying to get mythfrontend running
entirely on the TV out port.  I have MythTV successfully installed.
The backend runs and records, and the frontend plays back and plays
live TV to the TV out port of the PVR-350.  At the moment, I'm running
the frontend via an X11 ssh tunnel to the iBook on the coffee table--it
runs just fine this way, but it's obviously not the best solution.

When I try to start X, it gives an odd error but does not quit:
  (EE) FBDEV(0): FBIOPAN_DISPLAY: Invalid argument

Looking at the logfile, the primary device doesn't match what I
set with the BusID line in the config file:
  (II) Primary Device is: PCI 03:00:0
  (**) FBDEV(0): claimed PCI slot 1:6:0

The X server *is* running.  The window manager, blackbox, is also
running, it appears in the process table.  But the TV screen is black.
Stranger, when I give up and kill the X server, there is half a text
console on the TV screen.  There is a blinking block cursor.  No text
appears, but input on the console keyboard is accepted.  I can log in.
(I blindly ran "fortune | wall" to confirm that.)

My full config files, log files, and the relevant part of 'lspci -v's
output are here:
  http://web.figure1.net/~jlindqui/projects/mythtv/configs-040124/

--
Jason Lindquist  <*>     "And in a country whose revolutionary agenda is
linky at see.figure1.net     defined by free speech, the people's ability to