[mythtv-users] Problems w/ TV-out scaling on epia M10000

brent brentfisher at shaw.ca
Sat Jan 24 11:54:35 EST 2004

Hi all,

I've had my Epia M10000 for a couple of weeks and have it running as a
front end pretty well: Mythtv v0.13 w/ hardware decoding on Gentoo,
kernel 2.4.24-epia1, yada, yada.

I have one problem that I haven't seen any other posts for and was
wondering if I am missing something.  The scaling seems to be quite
wrong in the program guide for some reason.  When viewing TV full-screen
it is fine but in the EPG it is squashed and I can only see the left
half (approx) of the picture.

The only reference I have seen similar to this was regarding a TNT2 card
- which I obviously am not using.  Nor do I have this issue on my Myth
server using a GeForce MX440.

I have also noticed that if I adjust MythTV's built-in over/underscan
settings that the scaling goes out the window for video playback.

Any ideas?  Is this a known issue?  Is it just me?