[mythtv-users] looks like ananova pulled the plug on tv_grab_uk

Mark Cooper mythtv-users at mcooper.demon.co.uk
Sat Jan 24 03:15:20 EST 2004

For those who haven't been following the DigiGuide forum...this latest
staff post says it all really:-

 > We have no sales people.
 >
 > There's no "anti-Linux" feeling as such. More of a; Where's the
market > in selling expensive data at an insanely low price to a niche
market.

 > Linux is a niche market, get used to it. I would imagine it's
 > like being a vegan and trying to find something to eat at
 > fairground. >Perhaps things will change...but when Linus himself
 > says that Linux on >the desktop is 5 to 10 years away I wouldn't
 > recommend holding ones >breath.

*sigh* Seems like a company run by windoze coders with zero
marketing/sales ability :( Maybe setting up a UK company to market the
data *is* the right approach - if these guys can do it, anyone should be
able too!!

--

Mark Cooper
http://pvrhw.goldfish.org/ - Open Source PVR Hardware Database