[mythtv-users] Re: Echostar, lirc & actisys 200l

Jason Miller jasonmiller at micron.com
Fri Jan 23 16:14:51 EST 2004

On 22/01/04 18:41 -0900, DanM wrote:
> The plans are on the lirc site.  Save your self some trouble and only
> build the simple ir transmitter.  One IR diode, one 1n4148 diode, one
> resister.  Piece of cake to build, works flawlessly.
>
> -dan

IF your serial port can handle the current, you aren't sending very far, and
you don't accidentally short something out.

Blowing an onboard serial port is a bummer.  If you have a cheap serial
card I agree with DanM though :)  Took me about three hours to hack together
the alternate circuit listed on the lirc site.  It can transmit 30 feet but
is somewhat of a waste considering the led is taped to the satellite unit.