[mythtv-users] [OT] Looking for an Aopen MK79G-1394 mobo in the US

DanM dan at milkcarton.com
Fri Jan 23 13:40:07 EST 2004

>I purchased the mk79g-n after a fruitless search for the -1394 as well.
>Do note that the on board TV Out function (S-Video and Composite) is not
>functional as Aopen sells it to be. The required adapter is proprietary
>and no Aopen reseller stocks it. I have contacted both my reseller
>(Axiontech) and Aopen and 3 weeks later I finally made one myself.
>
>Only now can I settle in and figure out why I get the initial video boot
>screen to display on my TV (with the video memory check) and nothing
>more. X86Config looks right so maybe I need to install the latest
>drivers? I am running the Nvidia script referenced in Jarod's writeup
>installed when I had a different Nvidia card in the system to bypass the
>problem mentioned above.
>
>If there are others out there like me stuck with this aopen pos I can
>provide the pin out to make the TV Out functional.
>
>Owen

Owen, I to am the unfortionate owner of this pos board.  Mine came with
a pinout of the all the different headers.  So I made one myself.  But,
I did have a back and forth war with aopen tech support regarding the
nessicary dongle for it.  They don't make it themselves, but eventually
pointed me to this site where you can buy one for $6.

http://www.zoomtech.com:1024/FMPro?-db=products.fp5&-format=detail.htm&-lay=cgi&-sortfield=name&-sortorder=descend&category=ACCESSORIES&-max=50&-recid=32958&-token.0=12636898&-find=

If you want me to snap a pic of the pinout on my sheet, let me know.

-dan