[mythtv-users] Config nvtv to load on startup

Alan Snyder ax763 at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 23 13:19:42 EST 2004

Have the daemon nvtvd running.  This provides access to the hardware for
non-root users through nvtv.  Then

/usr/sbin/nvtv --tv-on --set Dualview:0 --system NTSC --resolution 640,480
--size Huge

substituting the size that works for you for Huge.

For me, I sometimes need to do

/usr/sbin/nvtv --tv-off

first, then wait several seconds, then do the above, or my TV horizontal
sync doesn't lock in.  I think it's a problem with the timing settings on
the card to achieve my specified resolution and size being right on the edge
of what my TV will lock on to.  It helps to ssh from another system when
doing this.