[mythtv-users] [OT] Looking for an Aopen MK79G-1394 mobo in the US

Owen - lists olists at thebrands.org
Fri Jan 23 03:33:01 EST 2004

On Wed, 2004-01-21 at 09:31, Joseph A. Caputo wrote:
> On Tuesday 20 January 2004 10:58, michael brown wrote:
> >
> > > ...it's the Aopen MK79G-1394.  The bad news is that I can't find it
> >
> > for sale
> >
> > > anywhere in the US... any suggestions?
> >
> > Here's a close one, perhaps no 1394?  With 3 PCI slots, that should
> > be easy to overcome.  ;-)
> >
> > http://www.directron.com/mbmk79gn.html

I purchased the mk79g-n after a fruitless search for the -1394 as well.
Do note that the on board TV Out function (S-Video and Composite) is not
functional as Aopen sells it to be. The required adapter is proprietary
and no Aopen reseller stocks it. I have contacted both my reseller
(Axiontech) and Aopen and 3 weeks later I finally made one myself.

Only now can I settle in and figure out why I get the initial video boot
screen to display on my TV (with the video memory check) and nothing
more. X86Config looks right so maybe I need to install the latest
drivers? I am running the Nvidia script referenced in Jarod's writeup
installed when I had a different Nvidia card in the system to bypass the
problem mentioned above.

If there are others out there like me stuck with this aopen pos I can
provide the pin out to make the TV Out functional.

Owen