[mythtv-users] mythmusic with large mp3-Archive ?

Dirk Rodemer dirk at rodemer.net
Fri Jan 23 02:05:47 EST 2004

Hello !

I a Epia M10000 Box with gentoo linux and Mythtv 0.13 installes.
Everything works fine so far, but when I start mythmusic with my
10000+ mp3-Archive it takes a real long time to start up (1-5 minutes).
When it finally starts playing and i press previous or next buttons
it takes about 1-2 minutes to play the next song. Meanwhile the screen is
frozen. Lookin at top all I can see is that mythfrontend is consuming
all of my CPU in that time.
Can't mythmusic handle an archive of that size ?
Have I configured something wrong?

Running xmms on the same archive is no problem. Firing up takes about 1 minute,
but playing songs is smooth, i.e. pressing next /previous means only one second
delay before playing the next song.

Any comment/helpon this would be appreciated.

-Dirk
Dirk Rodemer                                     e-mail: dirk at rodemer.net
Simpertstr. 7
D-86343 Koenigsbrunn