[mythtv-users] Recording events that run long

Patrick Reynolds reynolds at cs.duke.edu
Thu Jan 22 17:24:31 EST 2004

Anyone else out there using their MythTV to time-shift programs with
unpredictable lengths?  Sporting events in particular always seem to run
just a few minutes longer than MythTV thinks it should record.  (I lost
the last OT of a 3OT basketball game...)  Awards shows run long, too, but
honestly I'm a little less concerned about those.  :)

Is there any hope of having Myth keep recording until the end of the show,
not just the end of the slot?  At the very least, there could be a
per-show recording option to record past the end of the slot (say, an
hour) at a low priority.  (I know there's already a global option for
this, but it wouldn't make sense to record an extra hour for, say, a
sitcom.)  This mode could be manually selectable per-show or could be
enabled by default for any event/show of type Sports.

--Patrick