[mythtv-users] looks like ananova pulled the plug on tv_grab_uk

Greg greg.d at cwgsy.net
Thu Jan 22 18:24:04 EST 2004

> On Thursday 22 January 2004 16:16, thor wrote:
> > On Thursday 22 January 2004 15:14, Mark Cooper wrote:
> > > AFAIK, you couldn't do this without breaking someone's copyright.
> >
> > 	I "break" a copyright if I copy something (i.e. I give
> a copy to
> > someone else ... I do not have the right to copy).
> >
> > 	I do not "break" a copyright if I possess copyrighted
> materials in an
> > unencrypted form (look at your bookshelf).
> >
> > - thor
>
> Right.  It's just semantics; what would be broken is not a
> copyright but a license which you (knowingly or not) agreed
> to when you accepted the data.  Or, more specifically,
> Digiguide would be breaking their contract/license by
> providing the data in an unencrypted form, or even by
> providing you with a method to unencrypt it.  I don't know if
> Digiguide places any restrictions on you trying to unencrypt
> it yourself... in the USA that would probably fall under the
> DMCA :-(, I don't know if the UK has anything similar...
>
> -JAC

Hi all,

How about a digiguide plugin that makes a call to mythweb or something?
Doable? DG runs fine under wine for me.

>From the link that Adrian Gomez provided
http://forums.digiguide.com/topic.asp?id=12333 they don't rule out the
possibility of having some sort of interaction between dg and myth, they
just think there isnt a market for it. Maybe if enough people register their
interest in the thread it may help to convince them. I for one couldn't care
less if the data stayed encrypted, maybe they could mod myth to use dg as
the epg. I wouldn't mind paying for the service.

P.S. I'm not a programmer so the above may be just b***ox

Greg