[mythtv-users] Re: Echostar, lirc & actisys 200l

Jason Miller jasonmiller at micron.com
Thu Jan 22 17:37:47 EST 2004

On 22/01/04 17:05 -0500, Michael J. Sherman wrote:

> > I've spent the entire day reading up on getting lirc to
> > work with my echostar dp301 receiver, and I've just come
> > short of whipping everything against the wall.
>
> I have this same DISH receiver.  I attempted to use an ActiSys, but the
> frequency problem forced me to use a home-built IR transmitter.  I would
> love to get the actisys working, however, because my home-built receiver
> seems to have issues about once every tenth channel change.  In those
> few cases instead of sending "102", it'll just send "12", or sometimes
> it'll skip the first digit.   It works, but only 90% of the time, which
> doesn't help the WAF.
>
> So right now I use jvc_send with a home-built IR (the simple one on the
> lirc page).

Have you tried jvc_raw.c to build yourself a custom config file?  You can see
the discussion here (
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/perl/mailarc/gforum.cgi?post=61605;search_string=jvc_raw.c;guest=2110454&t=search_engine#61605
).  Sounds like you just need to tweak the timing values a little bit to
match up with your hardware.