[mythtv-users] looks like ananova pulled the plug on tv_grab_uk

Preston Crow pc-mythtv at crowcastle.net
Thu Jan 22 16:03:28 EST 2004

One thing that I'm hoping to look into that may be applicable here is
getting the listings for each station from that station's web site.

In most cases, the schedule found on the station's web site is much
better than the one given to the listing services.  It will often go
much farther into the future, and will often have more detail about the
shows.  Also, the stations will probably have a more liberal usage
policy on the data, since they didn't pay to get it (just guessing).

For my use, I want this for the Cartoon Network.  The listings they
provide to the services often lack the episode titles and descriptions,
while their web site has the full details.

This does mean writing a grabber for each station.

--PC