[mythtv-users] MythBrowser minimum KDE requirements?

Philippe C. Cattin cattin at vision.ee.ethz.ch
Thu Jan 22 09:03:48 EST 2004

Lance,

I only know about SuSE that only has one kde-devel package. You
definitely need the package with khtmlpart. Please send me the packages
you installed as I can add the info to the README.

> The MythBrowser readme states that it needs *the* kde devel package
> installed.  Using apt-cache search, I see 12 packages related to KDE
> development.  Anyone know which one I need?  I have KDE installed but I'm
> running my mythfrontends in a minimal session using only openbox as my
> windowmanager.  Do I need to be in a KDE environment for MythBrowser to
> work?

don't think so. mythbrowser is in fact a striped down and slightly
modified konquerer. if konquerer works mythbrowser should work as well.

regards, Philippe