[mythtv-users] how to keep executables resident?

David Jeske jeske at chat.net
Wed Jan 21 13:44:36 EST 2004

Thanks all.

-- Joseph A. Caputo wrote:
> Get lots of memory and turn off your swap partition :-)

Joseph - I've already tried this and it does not work. Linux seems to
be too smart for its own good in this case. Because it demand loads
executables and shared libraries, I think it is able to just drop the
pages and reload them straight from the source when it needs them. In
other words, it can make programs non-resident even if you don't have
swap.

I'll look into O_STREAM, and mlockall().

- David