[mythtv-users] [OT] Looking for an Aopen MK79G-1394 mobo in the US

Harry Orenstein ho_9 at hotmail.com
Wed Jan 21 12:00:04 EST 2004

>From: "Joseph A. Caputo" <jcaputo1 at comcast.net>
>To: Discussion about mythtv <mythtv-users at mythtv.org>
>Subject: Re: [mythtv-users] [OT] Looking for an Aopen MK79G-1394 mobo in
>the US
>Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2004 10:31:52 -0500
>
>On Tuesday 20 January 2004 10:58, michael brown wrote:
> >
> > > ...it's the Aopen MK79G-1394.  The bad news is that I can't find it
> >
> > for sale
> >
> > > anywhere in the US... any suggestions?
> >
> > Here's a close one, perhaps no 1394?  With 3 PCI slots, that should
> > be easy to overcome.  ;-)
> >
> > http://www.directron.com/mbmk79gn.html
>
>Thanks, but since I plan on having 3 tuners....
>
>I might just have to 'bite the bullet' and use my AGP GF4MX, though I
>was hoping to leave that in my old system in case I decide to use it as
>a remote frontend at some point.  It would make life easier, though...
>really, the GF4MX was the only reason I wanted an nForce2 board; if I
>use my AGP card I could go with just about any uATX board with onboard
>1394.
>
>Thanks,
>
>JAC

"Why state the incredibly obvious when the mearly obvious will do"

You did notice that with this mobo the 1394 ports are on a separate
stave, right?  That means that, depending on the case you use, you
may have problems mounting 3 video capture cards plus the 1394
ports all in the same case (not sure about the TV out and whether
or not it requires its own stave as well).

Just food for thought.

-- Harry O.