[mythtv-users] video skips

Bill Warner wwarner42 at cox.net
Tue Jan 20 22:58:19 EST 2004

I seem to be getting an almost regular skip in about every 7-10 seconds
where it plays about 2 seconds of video twice and skips over 2 seconds.
so an example would be if in a tv show someone was saying "Hi, George,
how have you been today."  the sound and video would skip so it would
say "Hi, George, how have you been..you been."  This seems to be in the
recording because it does it at the same spots every time a show is
played.

I do seem to get these bttv errors quite regularly but can't seem to
find any information on them:
bttv0: skipped frame. no signal? high irq latency?
bttv0: SCERR @ 37185000,bits: HSYNC OFLOW FBUS SCERR*

this is my hardware setup should be more than enough

Dual Athlon XP 2000
1 Gig ram
nvidia GForce4ti

software:
bttv: driver version 0.9.12 loaded
bttv: Bt8xx card found (0).
bttv0: using: Hauppauge (bt878) [card=10,autodetected]
bttv0: Hauppauge/Voodoo msp34xx: reset line init [5]
bttv0: Hauppauge eeprom: model=61381, tuner=Philips FM1236 (2),
radio=yes
bttv0: i2c: checking for MSP34xx @ 0x80... found

kernel 2.6.1 (same happend on 2.4.21 thru 24 and 2.6.0)
Debian unstable with latest mythtv packages from:
deb http://dijkstra.csh.rit.edu/~mdz/debian unstable mythtv

Any ideas would be great.  I have a feeling that there is a
configuration for my capture card or something that I need to do.

Thanks
--
Bill Warner <wwarner42 at cox.net>