[mythtv-users] Burning DVDs

J. Donavan Stanley jdonavan at jdonavan.net
Tue Jan 20 18:24:16 EST 2004

Ted Serreyn wrote:

>Could you give an example pipe with the PVR350 to dvd?  I would like to put
>an option on my menu to write a recorded TV show (s) to a DVD for my wife to
>watch on her tv or laptop of choice?
>
>Any other special settings to record the dvd stream?

Use DVD-mplex to get your PVRx50 stream into the proper DVD format with:
"dvb-mplex -t DVD -o output.mpg input.nuv"
Then use dvdauthor to create the DVD as normal.

If you set your PVRx50 to record a DVD stream you *should* be able to
skip that step.

Note: This does NOT cut commercials or deal with transcoded files.