[mythtv-users] Recommended remotes

Harry Orenstein ho_9 at hotmail.com
Tue Jan 20 18:19:11 EST 2004

>From: Daniel Jimenez <djimenez at mail.com>
>To: "'Discussion about mythtv'" <mythtv-users at mythtv.org>
>Subject: [mythtv-users] Recommended remotes
>Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2004 15:41:12 -0600
>
>Can anyone recommend an easy to use remote control for my MythTV Frontend?
>
>Easy to install would be great too!
>
>Thanks,
>--
>Daniel Jimenez <djimenez[at]mail[dot]com>

Personally I like my URC-6012 remote.  I have it set up with my
PVR-250 using the IR receiver from the 250 and programming
the remote with RC-5 codes.  All buttons send a useful code
and the remote has buttons for F.FFW and F.REW (fast fast-
forward and fast rewind).  It would also work well if I had to
use the LIRC simple receiver.  And it has the JP-1 connector
if I go totally nuts and want to program it from my PC via a
cable.

Other people have used any of the Radio Shack remotes
that support JP-1 programming as well as the Kameleon.

Alot depends on which IR receiver you use.  For the PVR-250
receiver you need an RC-5 compatible remote.  For the LIRC
simple receiver virtually any IR remote can be made to work.
Some people also prefer using a learning remote that you can
teach it the codes from IR keyboard (so that running LIRC is
necessary).

If you want more info, post a list of your hardware and what
you would prefer to use in a remote control setup.

-- Harry O.