[mythtv-users] Hard Lock

MythTV-at-C4L davidc-mythtv at connect4less.com
Tue Jan 20 11:27:04 EST 2004

I've forgotten what it means, but my system was locked this morning with
the keyboard lights flashing.  Now I had been running the system all day
yesterday without a single hicup.  It was solid!

Last night before bed, I exited live tv to the "TV" menu and left it.
When I looked at it 8 hours later, it was in the locked state.

I looked in the "messages" file and nothing looked out of place.  I do
have Shorewall running on the box, and the last entry in the "messages"
file is a "DROP" log entry added by it.

I'm using ivtv-0.1.9 + myth-0.13.  Running TV-Out on my FX5200 with a
PVR350 doing the encoding (but it wasn't doing anything at the time.)
The MB is an ABIT BL7 w/Intel 1.9GHz + 512MB ram, Mandrake 9.2 +
kernel-2.4.22-21mm.1mdk