[mythtv-users] How do I set up MythTV to record off the composite Input?

Richard S anewbeginning2004 at hotmail.com
Tue Jan 20 03:10:31 EST 2004

I have the PVR-250 set up with the composite input configured. I can switch
from TV to composite while watching liveTV using the "C" key it will toggle
TV to composite.

My problem is I can not find any recording option to record off of the
composite input I can only seem to find a way using "manual recording" to
schedule a recording from a channel.

Is there a module (or patch) I am missing that allows me to record on demand
like a VCR would using the composite input I know this capability used to be
there just not sure what version I was running at the time but it was from
the August 2003 timeframe. I remember playing with this feature it had a
preview window so I was able to see the composite input video and then
command the system to record it.

I was planning to use the mythTV system to capture my video and then
transcode to divx5 (home movies).

Appreciate the help.