[mythtv-users] ALSA Mixer not working

Jarod C. Wilson jcw at wilsonet.com
Tue Jan 20 02:00:51 EST 2004

On Jan 19, 2004, at 22:54, George & Kim Lopez wrote:

> I got to the install ALSA portion of installing
> FC1 version of MythTV.  I am running a P4,
> 2.4GHz, with a C-Media soundcard (CMI8738 chipset)
> Any help is much appreciated.
[snip]
> # --- BEGIN: Generated by ALSACONF, do not edit. ---
> # --- ALSACONF verion 1.0.1 ---
> alias char-major-116 snd
> alias char-major-14 soundcore
> alias sound-service-0-0 snd-mixer-oss
> alias sound-service-0-1 snd-seq-oss
> alias sound-service-0-3 snd-pcm-oss
> alias sound-service-0-8 snd-seq-oss
> alias sound-service-0-12 snd-pcm-oss
> alias snd-card-0 snd-cmipci
> alias sound-slot-0 snd-cmipci
> # --- END: Generated by ALSACONF, do not edit. ---

Something in the ALSA block is badly tanked. the char-major-116 line
should be snd-<yourcard>, not just snd... It looks like alsaconf puked
for one reason or another, so you'll have to manually fix that. Check
the ALSA soundcard matrix for the right value there if you don't know
it already.

--
Jarod C. Wilson, RHCE

Got a question? Read this first...