[mythtv-users] MythTV under VMWare?

DBakker at arrayasolutions.com DBakker at arrayasolutions.com
Tue Jan 20 00:41:42 EST 2004

I have. I have a P4 3Ghz and it runs slow. Its "watchable" but slow. Did
you ever check out the dsymth codec? It's coming along nicely and is
starting to support livetv. It's on sourceforge if you're intrested.

"Scott Pouliot" <spouliot at scpsoftware.net>
Sent by: mythtv-users-bounces at mythtv.org
01/19/2004 11:30 PM
Please respond to
Discussion about mythtv <mythtv-users at mythtv.org>

"'Discussion about mythtv'" <mythtv-users at mythtv.org>
cc

Subject
[mythtv-users] MythTV under VMWare?

Has anyone ever tried to run a MythTV front end under VMWare Workstation
(Virtual machine running under Windows)?  Not really concerned about a
back
end, but it would be pretty cool to be able to watch videos from my
Windows
box without having to copy them from the Myth backend.  Someone mentioned
wlan and streaming.....but I haven't looked into that option at all.  A
friend of mine uses VMWare for a bunch of stuff so he had me download the
trial to check it out and a light bulb lit up in my head  ;-)

I've already got a virtual machine running Red Hat 9 up and running...and
it's actually pretty sweet!

Scott