[mythtv-users] MythTV w/o a sound card

David Kim seventysevens at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 19 10:09:39 EST 2004

I'm a linux newbie and a MythTV newbie.

I'm in the process of building my HTPC from
scratch and successfully loaded Redhat 9 and
MythTV.

I am trying to run the frontend and backend from
the same machine and I think I have all the
software configured properly.

However, when I try to run mythbackend, I don't
get any responses back on the command prompt. It
just hangs.

I am wondering if this is caused by the lack of a
sound card in my system. I have not put in a
sound card to my HTPC because I haven't sound a
compatible one yet.

Bottom line...

Do I need a working sound card to be able to run MythTV???