[mythtv-users] PVR-350 Slow video on Tv Out

Jason Donahue mythtv at timekiller.org
Mon Jan 19 08:52:43 EST 2004

Pete,
I did follow the TVOutHowto...And after reading your email, went looking
for the check box you mentioned. I found the checkbox, checked it, and
all of a sudden NOTHING worked. I rebooted and the ivtv driver failed to
load...after MANY MANY reboots, and quite a bit of head scratching I
finally decided to uncheck that box (thinking "how could this be it,
what does THIS have to do with the module loading???") and and
unchecking it, the module loads correctly! Now I am running the latest
snapshot of the ivtv driver, but installed MythTV using apt-get. I'm
assuming the answer I'm going to get is, "Compile MythTV from the latest
snapshot", but figured I'd send this in and see if anyone knows what
happened...

-J

On Sun, 2004-01-18 at 20:47, Pete Stapley wrote:
> Jason,
>
>    I just got the tv out on my 350 working and the video looks great.
Did
> you follow the guide on the IVTV site? Did you check the option in TV
setup
> to use the 350's framebuffer? I am running a 1.1 Ghz Athlon and 512mb
Ram.

Celeron