[mythtv-users] Running X on PVR-350s Framebuffer

stevedwyer at ntlworld.com stevedwyer at ntlworld.com
Sun Jan 18 17:17:34 EST 2004

I recently got my PVR-350. I easily managed to get it capturing fine and cat /dev/video0 > test.mpg was producing a beautiful quality mpeg file. I also managed to get the PVR-350 decoder to work too, using dd if=/dev/video0 of=/dev/video16 bs=64k and the TV-Out was also really good Quality.

Next was to try and get X to display on the PVR-350s framebuffer. Once I had changed the XF86Config I rebooted and to my surprise it actually *almost* managed to display on my TV. On the TV I could just see the KDE flash screen although it was huge and there were big fat white lines going diagonally down the screen. (Please Note im in the UK so im using PAL)

So I tried fiddling around a bit and somehow i managed to stop the ivtv module from being loaded automatically. Its section is still in /etc/modules.conf but when i reboot i have to load in manually meaning that any attempt to boot X onto the framebuffer fails because /dev/fb0 won't exist.

Does anyone know how i can fix this? Both the module problem and the X problem. I have included copies of my XFreee86 Config and my modules.conf

Thanks

Steve