[mythtv-users] Re:Savage IX with tv-out and x-video

tim_bloomfield at sympatico.ca tim_bloomfield at sympatico.ca
Sun Jan 18 13:54:05 EST 2004

>I am trying to get one of the cheap savage IX AGP cards to work with
>Mythtv, but I can not get X-video to work with tv-out. I just get a blue
>screen.
>
>I am running redhat 9 (running XFree 4.3) and have tried the latest
>drivers from Tim Roberts and the experimental drivers downloaded from
>Xfree.org. It appears from searching the list archives that others have
>made this card work. I would be interested in knowing what Xfree drivers
>were used and if any special configuration was required. Thanks for any help,

I was finally able to get this configuration to work using the savage driver that via recently released. Details about the driver can be found in following and related posting's on Tim Roberts mailing list.

http://probo.probo.com/pipermail/savage40/2003-July/000042.html

Also, I have in the past been able to get tv-out and xv working on a thinkpad laptop with a savage IX, using Tim Roberts driver. At that time the only problem was that the xv output was shifted down and to the right by a few hundred pixels.

-Tim