[mythtv-users] Can I do this?

jose rubio debian at nc.rr.com
Sun Jan 18 13:39:13 EST 2004

On Sun, 2004-01-18 at 13:20, stan wrote:
> I built a "proof of concept" machine using a WinTV card on an Athalon
> 900MHZ machine. This is not fast enough to encode decode at the same time,
> no big suprsie here. I also played around with a seperte front end machine,
> and got it working.
>
> So, here is the question. Before I come up with the money for a
> "production" amchien, I'd like to optimize what I have. I'm wondering if I
> can move recorded programs from teh backend amchine to a frontend machine,
> and play them there. If I can do this, i can transfer them when I', not
> recording anything, and then I cna watch pre-recorded shows while the
> backend machien records new ones.
>
> Can I do this? If so how?
Why would you want to transfer the programs?  Assuming a fast enough
network connection you can just use your frontend to view a recording
while the backend records, no transfer needed THAT is the beauty of myth
(IMHO)  You will double up on the hard disk work load though.

Is your disk fast enough?  What do you get with

$ hdparm -tT /dev/hda1

-jose-