[mythtv-users] Myth without a tuner card

Jon Hoyt samika at myrealbox.com
Sat Jan 17 11:50:04 EST 2004

Is it possible to use myth just for the modules, without even having a
tv tuner installed?  I thought I could just use the frontend alone, but
I haven't been able to get it to start.  I have MySQL working on
another machine on the network so I set up the initial database using
the mc.sql script and pointed the /root/.mythtv/mysql.txt file at that
machine.  Is there something else I need to do, or is this not possible?

Thanks,

Jon